Welcome Message

I’m so glad you’ve found My Very Own Angel; if you haven’t already check out our official website, please take the time to check it out at http://www.myveryownangel.org/ . My Very Own Angel is full of supportive resources and idea to assist women while carrying to term and post the loss of their angel. In addition to support for mothers MVOA also includes supportive resources and idea for everyone that is affected by pregnancy and infant loss, including fathers, grandparents, siblings, friends and family.

My Very Own Angel also heads off the 345 Teddy Bear Project, where every other year we donate 115 7” teddy bears wearing angel necklaces to various hospitals and prenatal diagnostic centers in sets of 3.

My Very Own Angel is also the original creator and designer of the official “I Have My Very Own Angel” T-Shirt and other soon to be announced keepsakes, to encourage women to be proud of their angels and make a statement to the world that often overlooks pregnancy and infant loss as something that “just happens”. The woman herself is a strong being to carry, birth, and take care of children, so what does that say about the unspoken and often forgotten women who suffer the loss of child against the natural order of death? It says that we have already climbed the hardest mountain, there is no sense in going back down, so climb up and keeping climbing doing good deeds, honoring your angel and practicing positive healing after such a tragic situation. Eventually you will reach the highest mountain, and you will hold your child in your arms again.

Thank you for taking the time to follow this blog and see the site, if you are a bereaved parent I can formally say I know how you feel, if you are a friend, family member, or an outsider looking in. Stay for a while check out some of the blogs we follow, view this situation from eyes of the families that have lost, I assure you, you will learn something and find a new sense of compassion.

Stephanie Stewart
Founder and Creator of My Very Own Angel

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Avoiding Cabin Fever

With Fall and Winter coming in many of us live in places where it's too cold to go outside, and with flu season, swine flu and RSV, many of us would rather not go out if we don't need to. Staying in the house can get you wrapped up in grief, the rainy cold days can fix your mind to think you'll never see the sunlight. Cabin Fever is coming, but how do we avoid it???

Tell me how you avoid cabin fever or how you plan to avoid it????

I got a little cabin fever over this last week, but I dread going out in the cold, so I stayed inside and....

Read my Bible - the book of Job always humbles my sad days

Play with Vashon since he's suffering too, it's too cold to go to the park

I started working out for 30-45 min a day, just pop in a little hip hop music and dance my extra weight away.

I wear my MVOA tshirt some nights to sleep in. I don't know why, it just makes me feel extra close to my angel.

I plan my dream vacation. :)



So what things do you do to avoid cabin fever depression when the sun doesn't shine for days???

3 comments:

Holly said...

I curl up and watch a movie with my hubby.

I clean the house.

I work on things I'm behind on, like scrapbooking.

I play and read with Kyndra.

Unknown said...

The hubby and I talk about what we are doing in life, we cuddle and hold eachother; and make plans for the future.

I sleep. Alot.

I empty and refill picture frames with different pictures.

I mess around on the internet.

I send balloons to my precious Angel, Jayden.

I do homework.

Sometimes, nothing helps..and I just cry.

Akul's mama said...

I spend a lot of time on blogs.
I write letters to Akul.
I cook exotic foods from different lands.
I make many many phone calls.
I watch TV.